Sechrestphotos was kept very busy this October and November taking family portraits. I have a few tips for the families thinking about using a professional photographer.
- Discuss with your photographer the location. Families can choose locations that may not produce the best result. If the location has sentiment the photographer can make it work but if your goal is awesome photos let the photographer choose. The family can lead with park or country settings, beach, or city.
- Wardrobe can make or break your family portrait. Speak to your photographer with your ideas and listen to suggestions. If someone in the family is a rebel and wears plaid while everyone else is in white that family member will be the focus in the pictures.
- Time of day. Schedules often dictate the family availability but being a little flexible can make a big difference in the light and the final product.
Finally have fun. A good photography will be able to relax the family and capture the love relationships family members share.
Alan and Ina
Sechrestphotos captures many holiday parties.
We photograph corporate parties which generally are on weekdays during December. We also cover family parties which occur right up to January 5th.
Corporations want photography to provide their employees images of themselves when they are dressed up and socializing outside of their work environment. Often companies hire us to also provide a memento image, printed and framed and provided timely during the party.
The images may be shared on company websites which allow employees to comment and download easily.
Corporate holiday parties are often at hotels or simple venues that are centrally located to the employees.
Families often use photography at their holiday parties when families are together; often out of town guests who haven’t seen each other in a long period of time, or aging families are in attendance, and families want to capture the “family moments.”
These images are often very valuable and cherished over time.
Family holiday parties are often at a family member’s residence but sometimes at a centrally located venue.
We love what we do and we won’t miss a moment. Call us to schedule us for your Holiday Party.
Ina Sechrest for Sechrestphotos
After completing many Graduation Shoots I have learned some very important “Best Practices” I’d like to share.
- Location, Location, Location! Pick a location that has some meaning to the graduate. Laguna Beach, Downtown San Diego, and Local Parks are all good choices just to name a few. Talk to your graduate for what they are interested in.
- Outfits: Educate the graduate and their family on what will look good at the location. Suggest several outfit changes. This gives more meaning and insight to who the graduate is.
- Props: Props are fun. If the graduate is interested in reading, writing, sports, etc. Bring some items to utilize in the shoot.
- Timing: Pick a time of day that the light is useful to the shoot.
- Last but certainly not least: Make sure the experience is fun for the graduate and the family. I would suggest take a few family shots after you capture the graduate.
http://sechrestphotos.com/2017/04/29/corporate-photo-shoots-best-practiceshttp://sechrestphotos.com/2017/04/29/corporate-photo-shoots-best-practices Read more