After completing many Graduation Shoots I have learned some very important “Best Practices” I’d like to share.
- Location, Location, Location! Pick a location that has some meaning to the graduate. Laguna Beach, Downtown San Diego, and Local Parks are all good choices just to name a few. Talk to your graduate for what they are interested in.
- Outfits: Educate the graduate and their family on what will look good at the location. Suggest several outfit changes. This gives more meaning and insight to who the graduate is.
- Props: Props are fun. If the graduate is interested in reading, writing, sports, etc. Bring some items to utilize in the shoot.
- Timing: Pick a time of day that the light is useful to the shoot.
- Last but certainly not least: Make sure the experience is fun for the graduate and the family. I would suggest take a few family shots after you capture the graduate.